Sunday, January 25, 2015
ENT
My GP then referred me to the next step- an ENT. She knew I was anxious about the possibility of cancer and that my emotions were fragile. She decided to refer me to dr. Robichaud and she put a "rush" on it so to speak to help me get answers quickly.
When I met with dr. Robichaud he was very kind, he explained everything clearly and took a biopsy of my lymph node using a rather large looking needle. (Yes he sucked fluid out of my neck, :/) he also cut a couple of spots off my tonsils to check for anything. He mentioned that he may want to remove my tonsils but he would see what the results said. He advised me his secretary would make an appointment for me in 2 weeks to return. (His secretary was very nice and professional and punctual, I was impressed)
When I returned, I was nervous, I thought someone would finally open the box. But the results were incoclusive.
At this point he gave me a couple options- the chances of it being cancer were very unlikely, we could watch and wait - or have a biopsy which would involve a minor surgery where he would remove a piece of the lymph node or further testing.
He seemed to be asking me what I wanted to do, but he was also leaning towards the biopsy and I agreed.
We agreed on the biopsy which would happen the following week- and a results appointment 2 weeks after that (which brought us into the week of Christmas)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment