Tuesday, January 27, 2015
CT scan #2
Looks like something from the Star Ship Enterprise doesn't it?
For those of you who have never had a CT scan before it is very uneventful. It doesn't hurt, it moves a little and takes no time at all.
The prep however is hard. I had to drink a wonderful barium solution- 4 cups of gross substance, 1 cup every half hour 2 hours before your scan.
I was all prepared- I mixed my solution the night before, divided into 4 plastic bottles I could bring with me and set the timer on my phone.
I was not prepared for the taste- it seemed harmless at first but by drink #4 I wanted to puke :/
I was also not happy about being naked with only 2 Johnny shirts on my socks, in a cold public waiting room.
But once I was in it went fairly fast, I was also given an IV with a dye, asked to hold the bar over my head and zipped in and out of the machine like a pro.
Now all we do is wait for the results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment