L.M. Montgomery
“Life is worth living as long as there's a laugh in it.”
L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Saturday, January 24, 2015

2014 - what's supposed to happen, and what really happens

2014 was supposed to be my year, the year I got that promotion I was after, the year I lost all the baby weight, the year we sold our house and moved closer to the city.

But as a friend and colleague once told me "life doesn't always turn out the way we planned"

On December 22nd 2014 I hadn't gotten that promotion, I hadn't lost the baby weight, we hadn't sold our house or moved, and I was told that day that at the age of 33, I had cancer.

It's obvious life is throwing me a curve ball - "get your priorities straight" is the message here.

This blog is about my journey through cancer, re-setting my priorities and of course to give updates to my friends and family on what's going on. I'll try to be funny,
Not to mellow dramatic but mostly honest about what's happening and how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment